Bring the outside in
Stylish and secure
SDM Doors & Windows provide installations of bi-fold and sliding doors in Hemel Hempstead and all of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas. We have a team that can help. Contact us today!
Various Bi-fold & Sliding Door Types
SDM Doors & Windows supply and fit a number of sliding doors and bi-fold door varieties, some of which are listed below. All our bifold doors are of the highest quality and fitted to industry standard.
- Bi-fold doors
- Corner bifolds
- Sliding doors
Founded in 1972, Cortizo is a leading company in the manufacture and design of aluminium profiles for use in architecture and industry. Since its inception, the Spanish firm has grown to reach over 30 countries worldwide, producing over 71,000 tonnes of product annually.
SPECIFICATION AT A GLANCE
- 120kg per door leaf – providing for the largest openings
- Panels of up to 3000mm high and up to 1200mm wide, without having to upgrade rolling hardware
- Above ground bottom rollers
- Engineering grade running rollers for a smooth and silky opening and closing operation
- Thermal properties of down to 1.4 U W/m2K
- Sightline 120mm or 133mm for maximum vision
- PAS 24 Security rated
- Tested to BS6375 Part 1 : 2009
- Maximum glazing thickness 34 mm
- Opening possibilities Sliding of 2, 3, 4 & 6 sashes Possibility of 1 rail (1 sash+ 1 fixed), Possibility of 3 rails, Possibility pocket solution 1, 2 & 4 sashes
- Sections Frame 120 & 115 mm
- Sash 50 mm
- Profile thickness Balcony 1.5 mm
- Polyamide strip length 20 & 25 mm
- Maximum dimensions/sash Width (L) = 2,500 mm Height (H) =3,000mm
- Maximum weight/sash 280 kg
The Visofold range of bi-folding doors can be used in domestic applications as either an alternative to sliding doors, or to open up an entire wall as part of a conservatory; the system will make the most of a beautiful view or bring a garden into the home.
Used commercially in a bar, café or restaurant, Visofold can create a glazed screen that allows in the maximum ingress of light in inclement weather, and will also easily glide to open up an entire wall in warmer weather. Visofold doors offer a choice of opening configurations to suit any application. Choose to fold the sashes internally or externally, place the opening at the side so the sashes all fold one way, at one end, to create a single entrance door for easy access, or in the middle to give the option of a double door.
All Visofold profiles feature a polyamide thermal break that enhances the thermal performance of the profile and improves the overall U-Value. Profiles feature EPDM high quality gaskets and weather brushes to aid weather resistance. Visofold complies with the requirements of Building Regulations Document L 2010. Security is assured by multi-point lock mechanisms on main opening sashes, and shoot-bolt locking on floating mullions.
All Visofold doors have the option of either low thresholds for unimpeded, easy access, or rebated thresholds that offer improved weather resistance. Visofold doors are available in a choice of standard or non-standard colours, including metallic, wood-structure, dual colour and Smart’s unique Sensations range of textured finishes.
- Attractive, slim-line profiles offer reduced sightlines
- Profiles available in either square or rounded edge options
- Fabricated using mitred corners
- Lock mechanism available with domestic style ‘lift-up’ handle and an adjustable, one-piece keep
- Manufactured using Smarts punch tooling
“Friendly and professional service, despite the terrible weather the guys persevered through to get the job complete. Really pleased with the end result, highly recommended.”Bi-Fold DoorsHertfordshire